background





Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 5 in Aruba

Today we got up and made eggs and toast, with our leftover eggs from making Talmage's cake. We then went on the Submarine Atlantis. That was alot of fun, I will try and put pictures on later. We saw many fish, and 2 ship wrecks (both ship wrecks were intetionally put there as a reef for the fish). We then came back to the hotel and swam in the ocean for about 45 min. then swam in the pool for about 2 hrs. The kids did not want to get out, we were all prunes by the time we were done. We then took showers, got dressed and went to TGI Fridays. They don't have all the same things as TGI Fridays in the states, but oh well. All of the local restaurants are expensive, if we go to US chain restaurants the price seems to be a little better. (still high, but better) Trent and I then walked to the casino next to our hotel for some Key Lime Pie to go (yummy). However, the smoke in the casino was much thicker than all of Las Vegas casinos put together. And the casino was about the size of 1/4 a K-mart Store. Very small.
Now it is bed time, we are debating on extending the stay one more day since we technically have the hotel until Friday, not sure we will see what tomorrow brings...I want to go snorkeling again. I think I have found my new sport I love. (Which is funny, because I hate...hate seafood)...Not "see" food, the fishy kind.
Anyway, talk to you all later.
Loves to All

2 comments:

~heidi said...

what day are you supposed to come home? more like when do you leave? just let us know. with the weather here, you may want to stay there. it has been cold. today a high of 62 and i think that was reached in the morning. cold and rainy. the next seven days are not a whole lot better. friday i think will be the warmest of the next seven days, and that is 75, i believe. so you may just choose to stay there until the rain stops, and who knows when that will be, or when it warms up to summer, and who knows when that will be as well.
anyway, enjoy the rest of your trip and let me know of your plans.

31 days of freedom said...

I think heidi is suggesting that you stay there...hmm,, I think that would be quite expensive in the long run. And, we would have to come there to visit you.... But I do like snorkelling. One of the funnest water sports (if it is a sport). Great to see the updates and read along on your vacation.. Luvs... Doug